This past week I have learned so much about the quality of good, christian friends. I have met so many teen girls... and sadly including some that I wish I didn't. Sometimes I ask myself why I am the one to meet all the teen girls that turn out to be bad company. :P Do you ever feel that way? Like you never seem to meet the good friends :) "Do not be fooled: "Bad friends will ruin good habits."
1 Corinthians 15:33 (New Century Version)
It is sometimes hard to know when enough is enough. With several friends I have had to let go it started out with something small. For example I would first notice that they watched movies I would be utterly ashamed to watch. But everyone has different opinions about what is right and wrong when it comes to the movie/music world. So I let it go. But as things progressed I noticed that I was starting to be pulled into their world. Not just their world but into the world.
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2 (New International Version)
A few months ago I decided not to hang out with a friend I knew. I wondered why I had felt that she was bad company. Without giving detail I will just say this - "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light."
Mark 4:22 (New King James Version)A few months ago I decided not to hang out with a friend I knew. I wondered why I had felt that she was bad company. Without giving detail I will just say this - "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light."
So this week I encourage you to make sure you are not of this world but only in this world. Also always be on the lookout for the "bad company." Satan loves to slowly let things creep into your heart, and he will by all means use you friends to do it! And now I am going to go wash my clothes so I will have some for church! Looking forward to fellowshiping with my good friends tonight!
So happy God has placed me in this fellowship right now. :) Also Friday is Park Day at the home-school group and those are always fun! I will post pictures of the Park Day soon! Oh, and my friend Katy is attending our home-school group now so it will be great to talk with her :)
Praising the Lord for his blessings!
Joanna
4 comments:
That is so true! My dad knows several people that have messed up there lives because there "friends". It is important to make friends that will encourage you in the ways of the Lord!
how true!
"Be slow to fall into friendship;
but when thou art in,
Continue firm and constant"
Socrates.
where is the link to style J?
@Desi- Yes! I look forward to getting to know you better and hope we can encourage each other! Hopefully we can meet soon ;)
@Ashley- Neat quote! The Style J is on the "Stores I like" page :)
Post a Comment