Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Emergency Room... is an interesting place.

So last night around 10:45 I decided that I would skip watching a movie and head to bed, so I was doing my last chore, sweeping, when I heard Caleb and Mom in a chit chat about a broken bottle. And being the lovely sister I am, hhaha, I decided why not explain to Caleb why you shouldn't keep a BROKEN bottle?


Mom: It's dangerous
Caleb: IT HAS MEMORIES!
Me: Such as??


Dad walks in...


Dad: Get rid of the bottle.
Caleb: But I.... * interrupted by a crying Zack*


Zack walks in, a piece of metal in one hand, holding his sliced open knee in the other! Dad tells me to Call my grandparents over and Dad rushes Zack over to the couch holding his knees together as tightly as possible.


Then they tell me to call the emergency room and let them know we are bringing a 10 year old boy in for stitches.

When I got off the phone they had Zack's army kit out and were wrapping his knee up.
So I ran upstairs and threw some pants on (I had some crazy shorts on :P)
And I grabbed my ...camera! haha... weirdest thing I've ever done! For one thing I am sooo grossed out by blood, and for another, it's weird to go to the hospital with a camera. People stare at you.


And so Dad, Zack, Pop, and I went to the Emergency room.

For some reason I like the way it has "EMERGENCY" declared in the photo. lol












My AWESOME(!) friend Marti kept him calm by texting him (: 

She told him how they would fix it because her cousin told her because he is a surgeon.   



















Getting taken back...

See the wrap? That was from HIS own medical kit.


No shoes... :P

































Getting his whateveritscalled put on.

Wheeled in to the room.

Getting on the bed...

Waiting for the doctor.

The doctor putting her gloves on...

Checking it out... turns out that the stuff they put on it to clean it and hold it together did a really good job, on top of Dad squeezing it tightly as soon as it happened, and Papa wrapping it properly with the Army wraps.
The Doctor then told us that if she did stitches it would "traumatize" the skin, so they used a glue.


He also had to get a tetanus shot... but no photos of that...

And walking out... he was really glad that he was able to walk away from the hospital. I don't think he liked the idea of getting carried everywhere. And if you know Zack you know that he is not going to sit still very long.

And leaving... (Zack still texting 0.o)


And it was about 12:45 by the time we got home, and so... I didn't go to church...






And that was my weekend.




Tootlays!

5 comments:

ashley tahg said...

Wow...interesting night!


Did he fall on the metal?

ashley tahg said...

Oh, and I see you got your background working!

The White Queen said...

Yes very interesting! He was actually crawling to bed (on the floor, idk y!) and it was in the carpet...

Yes! Got it working, but the title isn't aligned, I'll keep working on that :D

ashley tahg said...

See who my profile pic is of? lol

I'm addicted, if you can't tell.

Very interesting...did he learn his 'lesson'? :-P

The White Queen said...

Yes I did see your photo! You should try to break the addiction... mainly because my Dad needs his fix. haha :P

Yea, Josh and Zack have learned they should keep their room clean. lol