Thursday, February 16, 2012

Affliction comes to us, not to make us sad but sober; not to make us sorry but wise. -H.G.Wells

I saw the above quote on a website today... and it really summed up everything I'm feeling right now. Life can be so confusing, ya know!? Like, how do you know when you should let go? Or when you should stick to your promises? What if YOU DID promise something, but realized you couldn't keep that promise because the person you had made said promise with, wasn't who you thought they were? 


See, for my friendships I make a mental vow. I practically take one line from the wedding vow. 

For better, or for worse. 


So I'm not going to blurt out my whole experience. But I want to challenge you. I want to challenge you to keep your promises. And to not make any that you can't or won't keep.


And if you feel like you have made a commitment you shouldn't have, or can't keep. Do everything you can to keep it, until that person pushes YOU away. 

Don't give up. Even if they spit in your face. Don't. And I'll tell you what has helped me. I prayed. It has to be one of the most fearless prayers. "Jesus, teach me to love, like YOU."


That, my friends, is a dangerous prayer. Because He WILL do it. He will teach you. And it WILL hurt. But if you trust Him, you won't have to worry about a thing. And I just now learned that. It's been, what six months? I lost a dear friendship around six months ago, and I've gone through so many emotions that I've thought I might be insane. I was numb, angry, then frustrated. Then VERY angry. Then hurt. I cried. Cursed to myself. I was bitter. Hating life and anything that reminded me of my pain. Then I finally threw it all into His hands.  I finally feel peace. 



So not only will the challenge involve keeping your promises, and abstaining from any you won't keep, the challenge will include that prayer. Please, think about taking this challenge. It's done me a lot of good, and I know it will do the same for you. Peace ♥

2 comments: