We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things
'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?
We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe
When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise
**********
So I've finally had something click for me. Maybe the reason I'm taking life situations so hard is that my view of it is not right. Maybe I'm acting as the victim to everything, and not seeing the good. I'm always ready and willing to look at the bright side of things. But recently it's like I have forgotten this goal. And life is so much harder when you don't try to see the good. God DOES allow things to happen. And my thinking gets reeeally deep when it comes to why God allows things to happen. It's hard to not say He MAKES things happen. And I think it is very dangerous when we tag God to everything. My mind gets really confused. So I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't MAKE things happen. He does allow them though. But He could also intervene. But here's the thing. It all leads back to FAITH. Do we truly trust Jesus? We have to stop all of our thinking and analyzing and just throw our hands up in the air and say "God, I DON'T know why you're not changing this situation for me." Admit that we're not on top of everything. It's kind of a big deal for me. I don't like admitting defeat. I like to have everything oh so very organized and know exactly what is going on. But now I just want to pray I don't know where all this is going. But I know I CAN find the blessings through the pain.
I hope you can find this prayer helpful in your life as well! :)
Good songs ! -
This is the song I posted the lyrics from above.
"Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt."
No comments:
Post a Comment